Political Houses, Smart Guns, and Ethical DogsAUGUST 23, 2008
- Are dogs learning ethics from humans?
- (Greg Westfall)
- Good News, Bad News, No News
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Executive Transparency, Printed Blogs, and Hotel Cutbacks
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Flight 1549, Economic Stimulus, and Love
- Good/Bad/No News: The Green Stimulus, Roland Burris, and Squirrel Eating
More From Bill Radke
More From Suzie Lechtenberg
1. This week in politics, John McCain was asked how many homes he and his wife own, and he couldn't remember. Obama called him out of touch, and the McCain campaign responded that Obama lives "in a frickin' mansion." Is this housing crisis Good News, Bad News or No News?
2. This fall, a rural Texas school district will be the first in the country to let teachers bring guns to class. Teach is packing -- is that Good News, Bad News or No News?
3. Our final topic comes from the Canine Science Forum in Budapest. Researchers report that dogs are learning ethics from people. They've acquired an awareness of fair play and a distaste for foul play. Is this Good News, Bad News or No News (and feel free to consult a dog)?
- Music Bridge:
- The House That Jack Built
- Artist: Helmut Zacharia
- CD: Achtung! German Grooves (Bureau)