Support for Georgia, the White Minority and GPSAUGUST 16, 2008
- A Georgian journalist offers a flag to soldier
- (DIMITAR DILKOFF/AFP/Getty Images)
- Good News, Bad News, No News
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Executive Transparency, Printed Blogs, and Hotel Cutbacks
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Flight 1549, Economic Stimulus, and Love
- Good/Bad/No News: The Green Stimulus, Roland Burris, and Squirrel Eating
More From Bill Radke
More From Suzie Lechtenberg
1. As Russian tanks rumble down the streets of Georgia, the Bush administration has pledged its unwavering support to the former Soviet republic. The United States has airlifted Georgian troops from Iraq back to their home, while providing the Georgian military with training and equipment. Does this loyalty seem like Good News, Bad News or No News?
2. The latest census report predicts that within 35 years, white people will no longer be the American majority. Here to comment is a diverse panel of Anglo-Americans. (Do you know how hard it was to find three white people in this country on short notice?) Is this increasing diversity Good News, Bad News or No News?
3. American police departments are increasingly using Global Positioning Systems to track suspected crooks. You attach the GPS to the suspect's car and hope it leads you to a crime scene. Privacy advocates are objecting. Is GPS surveillance Good News, Bad News or No News?
- Music Bridge:
- Glamour Hammer
- Artist: Emperor Penguin
- CD: Extreme Gaming (My Pal God)