BFF: Paris, Britney, BarackAUGUST 2, 2008
- Britney Spears, Barack Obama, and Paris Hilton
- (Getty Images)
- Good News, Bad News, No News
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Executive Transparency, Printed Blogs, and Hotel Cutbacks
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Flight 1549, Economic Stimulus, and Love
- Good/Bad/No News: The Green Stimulus, Roland Burris, and Squirrel Eating
More From Bill Radke
1. John McCain aired a TV ad comparing Barack Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. ("He's the biggest celebrity in the world, but is he ready to lead?") Is this campaign tactic Good News, Bad News or No News?
2. Very reputable researchers at the Salk Institute report they've found drugs that trick muscles into thinking they've been working out furiously. In mice, these drugs burn fat and significantly boost athletic endurance. One of the researchers said, "This is not just a free lunch." He called the drug "pharmacological exercise." Is that Good News, Bad News or No News?
3. A California referendum would ban factory farms from raising chickens, calves or hogs in small pens or cages. Livestock farmers say they want their animals to be healthy and happy so they produce more, but they're not pets. Would this farm reform be Good News, Bad News or No News?
- Music Bridge:
- Artist: Elephant9
- CD: Dodovoodoo (Rune Grammofon)