Congress Wants to HelpJULY 26, 2008
- Congress wants to help
- (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
- Enlarge This Image
- Good News, Bad News, No News
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Executive Transparency, Printed Blogs, and Hotel Cutbacks
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Flight 1549, Economic Stimulus, and Love
- Good/Bad/No News: The Green Stimulus, Roland Burris, and Squirrel Eating
More From Bill Radke
1. Congress is passing a bill to help homeowners facing foreclosure and to shore up struggling mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. President Bush doesn't love it but he won't veto it. Is the bill Good News, Bad News or No News?
2. Government scientists announced this week that north of the Arctic Circle, deep in the ground, lies 90 billion barrels of oil and a third of the world's undiscovered natural gas. Does that strike you as Good News, Bad News or No News?
3. This economy is brutal, gas prices are painful, there's war and disease - but a hot-selling T-shirt declares, "Life is good." This summer, there are "Life is good" festivals across the country -- there's one this weekend in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Call it a fad, call it a movement -- is it Good News, Bad News or No News?
- Music Bridge:
- Round the Way
- Artist: Nomo
- CD: Ghost Rock (Ubiquity)