DINKs vs. BreedersJULY 5, 2008
- Good News, Bad News, No News
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Executive Transparency, Printed Blogs, and Hotel Cutbacks
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Flight 1549, Economic Stimulus, and Love
- Good/Bad/No News: The Green Stimulus, Roland Burris, and Squirrel Eating
More From John Moe
- Now you can draw state redistricting maps too
- The coming conundrum of home DNA testing
- What mattered this year in technology
More From Suzie Lechtenberg
1. Obama goes on a "patriotism tour" -- Amid controversy over comments by supporter Wesley Clark, Barack Obama set off on a week-long tour to talk about how much he loves America. The campaign swing, timed to coincide with the Fourth of July, took the presumptive Democratic nominee through traditionally Republican-leaning states and was intended to introduce the candidate to those voters.
2. Is mandatory coffee fetching hostile or discriminatory? -- In Pennsylvania, a receptionist who refused to fetch coffee for her boss was fired. She took the firing to court, where the judge ruled against her saying that it didn't constitute a hostile or discriminatory workplace. "While the behavior of plaintiff's supervisors may have been rude, gauche, or undesirable, their actions do not violate federal or state antidiscrimination laws," the judge wrote. What kind of news is this ruling?
3. Having kids makes you less happy -- A recent article in Newsweek argues that married couples with children are unhappier than married couples without. The article, widely circulated online this week, compiles several studies that indicate that while parents feel more fulfilled, they tend to have weaker marriages and less overall happiness. What kind of news is it that parents are more unhappy?
- Music Bridge:
- La Avispa
- Artist: The Rainbow Orchestra
- CD: The In-Kraut (Marina)