Good News, Bad News, No NewsDECEMBER 27, 2008
- President elect Barack Obama
- (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
- Enlarge This Image
- Good News, Bad News, No News
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Executive Transparency, Printed Blogs, and Hotel Cutbacks
- Good News, Bad News, No News: Flight 1549, Economic Stimulus, and Love
- Good/Bad/No News: The Green Stimulus, Roland Burris, and Squirrel Eating
More From John Moe
- Now you can draw state redistricting maps too
- The coming conundrum of home DNA testing
- What mattered this year in technology
More From Angela Kim
Time for our weekly parlor game to keep track of the news of the week. We are joined by John Ridley, author and founding editor of thatminoritything.com, Yale University professor of literature Amy Hungerford, and Reihan Salam, associate editor at the Atlantic. This week, a special end of the year edition.
The 2008 Presidential campaign - good news, bad news or no news?
The recession hit hard and we all learned more about bailouts than we ever knew before. Washington Mutual and Lehman Brothers became part of history, unemployment soared, housing collapsed. Maybe we all learned some lessons from all this. Probably not, but maybe.
Economocalypse - good news, bad news or no news?
Things didn't exactly get wonderful in Iraq in the past year, but some would argue that at least the surge made things somewhat more stable. Then again, what kind of news was it that war was barely an issue at all during the presidential campaign?
The year in Iraq and Afghanistan - good news, bad news or no news?More stories from our Good News, Bad News, No News series